Sunday, May 18, 2014

Thanks and Praise To Guruji The Shining Light.

Today was a really beautiful day. I went surfing in the morning and after crossed the street to go do my practice and take my yoga sutra class at my home away from home Miami Life Center. I walked into the mysore room to do my practice, lately I feel like I’ve been hitting my stride. The initial first months of practice were incredibly difficult. I had a lot of anger inside when I started and Jesus Christ was it exposed. The practice was really doing its work on me, purification was taking place and I was on a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual roller coaster. I’ve talked to some other students about this and it turns out I am not crazy and it happens to most of us. You can imagine my relief!

But now the mind is calmer, the body is more open, and it’s a more meditative practice. I have really been enjoying it. I am really looking forward to the coming months. I look back and I can’t believe in just this short period of time how much this thing that is Ashtanga yoga has given me, so much health, positivity, energy, growth, and love. I am so in gratitude.

But today is a special day, at MLC we were celebrating Guruji or Sri K Pattabhi Jois’s life.


He passed away five years ago today.

This man was such a great soul. He was a shining light. I just wanted to write something short about how much thanks and praise I have in my heart for this man and what he has given me. I thank the universe that I somehow found this thing that is Ashtanga. It’s the boat that’s keeping me afloat in these sometimes rough seas of life. What can I say the man was a manifestation of love and grace, and I am lucky that although I never met him physically, he touched my life in every way.

I pray every day to give me the strength to please continue coming back to my practice, to be strong enough to do my spiritual work. I don’t know how but I know deep down inside if I stick with this, I am going to be okay.  

I shall give thanks and praise until my heart is set ablaze, all glory to god, what a beautiful life, thank you Guruji for everything from the bottom of my soul.


Om shanti shanti shanti.

No comments:

Post a Comment