Wednesday, August 20, 2014

All Hail the Harmony of Mind and Nature



I am fascinated by ancient cultures and traditions. I find a lot of inspiration for my own spiritual yearning from the great saints, sadhus, and souls of India. Today I must mention that one of those great souls have passed BKS Lyengar a beautiful man and someone who was a scientist, philosopher, and artist. Thank you for all the knowledge and light you brought to the world, your life is your message.



I had had a real difficult stretch of weeks lately, I’ve been in a rut and a mind trip and I didn’t know how to get out of it. Yesterday I had had enough and decided that I would do my practice at MLC like always but when I got home, I was going to really sit with myself and calm myself down and see what was going on inside and why I’ve been so crazy lately. Just with a little bit of awareness things fell into place and it was like a thousand pounds of weight off my shoulders. You go out into the world and if you don’t know how to maintain internal heights the mirror gets dirty. Thank goodness I am aware at least when my mirror is dirty, and then nights like yesterday the night that BKS died, I was able to clean that mirror a bit. When you have moments like that it shows you the energy and beauty behind consciousness and the power of spiritual practices and awareness. You have to be good to yourself and live righteously. You have to learn to listen. 

I’ve been really into reading and learning about different cultures which were steeped in wisdom. I love rituals, ceremonies, anything ancient that has been done for thousands of years. I think ritual connects you to something. I stumbled onto the mayan prayer for seven directions and I really dig it, maybe you will too.



From the East, House of Light
May wisdom Dawn in us
So we may see all things in clarity

From the North, House of the Night
May Wisdom Ripen in Us
So we may know all from within

From the West, House of Transformation
May Wisdom be transformed into right action
So we may do what must be done

From the South, House of the Eternal Sun
May right action reap the harvest
So we may enjoy the fruits of Planetary being

From Above, House of Heaven
Where star people and Ancestors gather
May their blessings come to us Now

From Below, House of Earth
May the heartbeat of her crystal core
Bless us with harmonies to end all war

From the Centre, Galactic Source
Which is everywhere at once
May everything be known
As the light of mutual love

Oh Yum Hunab Ku Evam Maya E Ma Ho
All Hail the Harmony of Mind and Nature

I will never be able to say thank you enough, all glory to god, what a beautiful life, sai ram.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment